Saturday, October 14, 2006




Well, I've completed my first week in Antarctica! It has been a pretty great experience, thus far and I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Today was odd due to the warmer-than-usual temperatures which must have been in the 20s. I have to say that I'm not looking forward to the temperature increase here, because it can make work hard to do. We all found ourselves covered in melted snow, which turned to ice (especially on the gloves) and left us useless when trying to hold on to anything. Not to mention, we're all getting really hot too, even with no coats on. I'm also rather unexcited about finding out why they call this place McMudhole in the summertime... the gym was flooding today due to a leaky roof and melting snow... yuk.

The photos above are of the 8x12x8 walk-in-freezer we are building out on the ice. It's a lot of work, but fortunately those cheesy little electric chainsaws cut snow pretty well.

~G

1 Comments:

Blogger mg said...

Dude, temps in the 20s sounds like no EC-dub gear!

October 14, 2006 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home