Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's almost the end of the week and that means Christmas is here! I am excited to be part of the town festivities, since I was away for Thanksgiving.

There will be a big party Saturday night and the the choir will be singing for everyone. We sang over at the Kiwi base last night and had a pretty good time there, I think there are about 30 of us!

Sunday will be church (and with additional accompaniment from the piano accompaniment for the first time), the big meal, which is divided into four sittings with candles, roast, lobster and no blue cafeteria trays!

I don't think there is anything special on Christmas day, except for the Ob-Hill-Up-Hill, which is the race to the top of Observation Hill... hmmm, I foresee some unnecessary strain involved in that one... I think I'll just watch.

Once the feasting and relaxing has concluded and everyone has to go back to work on Tuesday, I will have the wonderful pleasure of boarding a C-212 helicopter and heading to Lake Bonney for the week to start phase 1 of the new helo pad construction. It should be a pretty nice trip and just short enough to get us back to Mactown for the new year party and ICESTOCK 2007!

~G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home